CTS – Cognizant Technology Solutions Exam Paper 2010
Following is a CTS or Cognizant Technology Solutions Exam Paper 2010.CTS or Cognizant Technology Solutions conducts Examination for the recruitment in various sectors.
COGNIZANT TECHNOLOGY PLACEMENT PAPER
CTS or Cognizant Technology Solutions conducts Examination for the recruitment in various sectors.
Cognizant paper consists of three sections
They are 1) verbal… 25 questions 20 minutes
2) Analytical… 25 questions 30 minutes
3) Attention… 20 questions 20 minutes
Verbal consists of:
? Choose the correct sentences among given sentences.
? Choose the incorrect sentences among given sentences.
? Jumbled sentences.
? Two reading comprehension passages (global warming, whales and hunters)
In a class there are 150 people who speak English and 125 people who speak Hindi. 55 speak both languages and at least one student speaks one language.
1) How many students speak at least one language? (220)
2) How many people speak only one language? (165)
In a class everyone will play at least one sport viz table tennis, cricket and badminton. 73 students play table tennis, 79 play badminton, 75 play cricket and 25 students play both table tennis and badminton, 24 play both table tennis and cricket 30 play. Badminton and cricket and 16 students play all the sports.
3) How many students are there in the class (161)
4) How many students play only cricket. (37)
There is another question related to Venn diagram…it is same as first one….sorry I can’t remember In a certain language * represents 0 and $ represents 1.
Answer the following questions
6) Lcm of ($*$*,$*$**,$*$*$) (420)
7) Average of (10, 20, 21) ($***$)
A is the son of B A+B A is the father of B A?B
A is the brother of B A*B 10) P*Q?R
a) P is the Uncle of R like this 4 options ll b given. U should choose d correct one
A cube is cut into 216 parts. the 2nd 4th n 6th layers of the front face r removed n den painted black. Now answer d following questions
13) How many cubes r painted on only one side?
14) How many cubes r painted on only 2 sides?
15) How many cubes r painted on only 3 sides?
16) How many cubes r painted on only 4 sides?
17) How many cubes r painted 0 sides?
Data sufficiency questions
C)Only condition 1 is required to solve
D) Only condition 2 is required to solve e) Both are required
f) Both are not sufficient 18) Find whether X is odd 1)2*X is even
2x^2 is odd
A) C B) d C) e D) f
19) How many seconds does a minute hand takes to rotate 360 degrees
1) Minute hand revolves round the clock 5 times in a minute
2) Minute hand is 5 times greater that short hand some other questions similar to d above
20) There are 4 cities A,B,C,D. There are 4 Routes 4m A 2 B,3 routes 4m B 2 C, and 2 routes 4m C 2 D. Then in how many different ways can A go 2 D
A) 12 B) 24 C) 32 D) 48
Choose the correct option based on the following statement 1).If Tendulkar plays till end India will win the match
a) Tendulkar plays till end
b) India wins the match
c)Tendulkar falls cheaply
d) India loses d match A)ab B)ab n cd C)b D)d
2).If X travels without a ticket he will be fined 50 bucks
a) X buys d ticket
b) X w2as not fined
c) X doesn’t buy a ticket d)x was fined
A)ab B)cd C)ab n cd D)none Some questions like
1) All A’s r B’s
2) All B’s r C’s
Then choose the correct option based on the above statements 1) All tables are chairs
2) Some tables are desks
1) No mammals are animals
2) Some animal’s are goats Find the odd figure out
8 people A,B,C,D,E,F,G and H, lives in 4 storied building which contains 2 flats each. Flats number 7 and 8 belongs to 4th floor from left to right. Flats 3 and 4 are the second floor from the bottom and are numbered right to left. So are 5 and 6 which lies on second floor from top. 1 and 2 are the first floors numbered left to right. A and E stays on the second floor from the bottom. F lies one floor above B, which is one floor above C.
Three questions were asked based on the given problem.